Preparation time: 10mins
Serves 2 as a main 4 as a side
- 1 butter or cos lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 5-6 semi-sundried tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup brown lentils (cooked or tinned)
- 3 soft boiled free-range eggs cut into quarters
- 1-2 tbs fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ fresh grated vegetarian tasty cheese
for the dressing
- 1 tbs low fat mayonnaise*
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
*Remember if using store brought mayonnaise to check if the product is made using free range eggs. I recently found a Hinze version that is pretty good and states that the mayonnaise is made using free range eggs only. There are a few good brands of egg-free mayonnaise available also.
Combine all the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
Whisk together the mayonnaise and vinegar with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Toss the dressing through the salad until well combined.
Serve as a side or as a main meal with your favourite bread.
Like mail? Have numnums posted to your inbox Subscribe to veggie.num.num by Email