Preparation time: 15mins
- ½ a red capsicum (bell pepper), sliced into thin sticks
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into thin sticks
- 200g (7 oz) marinated tofu, sliced into thin sticks
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 bunch of fresh Asian salad greens or a mixture of baby lettuce and Chinese cabbage
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, roasted
for the dressing
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs lemon juice
Combine the salad ingredients, including the tofu, and arrange on a large platter.
Combine the dressing ingredients by whisking well in a small bowl or jug.
Pour the dressing over the salad and top with roasted sesame seeds.
Great as a side salad for an Aussie BBQ or on its own for a quick and easy Asian inspired meal.
Like mail? Have numnums posted to your inbox Subscribe to veggie.num.num by Email